[Diy_efi] Spark Plug readings

Kenny W watson at iamfun.com
Mon Jul 29 18:59:37 GMT 2002

That was actually jpg 5 that looks like it has some
molten aluminum on it. The elctrodes are clean an
whitish. seems like lean to me. The carbon stuff looks
more like oil deposits to me. If the mixture was right
they wpouldn't look all spit-polished and whitish like
that I wouldn't think. The electrodes would be more
brownish, and if it were rich it be blacker.
What you're explaining sounds like a rich contition (
ie miss and unburnt fuel igniting in manifold) but
those plugs don't look that way. You didn't hapeen to
get a look at your actual exhaust leaving the car did
you? If it were that right you'd probably have some
nice black smoke clouds happeneing.

-Kenny
AKA Captain Bondo