[Diy_efi] Spark Plug readings

Kenny W watson at iamfun.com
Mon Jul 29 19:31:03 GMT 2002

Quoting Brian Renegar <thomas.renegar at nist.gov>:
>Did not see the exhaust.  Too busy watching the road!
>I need a passenger
>to monitor all these things while I hammer it!  lol

Absolutely. Drag the significant other out for you WOT
runs. "Ok, hold this voltememter in your lap. If it
drops below 0.75 volts shout 'lean'". Watch the
exhaust. If it's black, shout 'rich'" As i shift, watch
the boost gauge. Take note of peak boost for each gear
and at what rpm it occurred in each gear. Watch for
boost spikes and taper. Oh and put these headphones on,
they're clipped to the head so you can listen for any
pinging. Thanks hon". Lol. Can't you just see the
confused, sour look on her face? ahahaha. But yeah
assistants are good.

>P.S.  When I put the motor together, I calculated
>8.7:1 compression
>ratio.  Stock for this motor is 9:1.

8.7:1 and 9psi on 93 ought to be fine assuming decent
mixtures and no drastic changes to squish height or
quench area assuming you have an IC. Could be
borderline non-intercooled though.

-Kenny
AKA Captain Bondo