[Diy_efi] sequential injection timing

bill.shurvinton at nokia.com bill.shurvinton at nokia.com
Tue Jul 30 10:49:46 GMT 2002

I'm impressed that you can measure 2% gains. Most of us can't get access =
to engine test facilities with that level of accuracy, or operators who =
know how to extract it, at least here in UK.

It would seem we have run into the usual problem of what is available to =
the Big 5, race teams and the like and what the DIY-er can get hold of =
injector wise, viz: there are some advanced technologies out there, but =
few of us can afford them or manage to get them to work properly. Net =
result being that for 90% of us the injectors we use work best (for =
power) in batch mode.

Every so often one escapes. The current Audi Le Mans car springs to mind =
as it uses direct injection. Audi only uses DI in its most amaemic =
little shopping trolleys, but its highest HP engine also uses it, and =
ignoring conventional wisdom have gained more HP and more fuel =
efficiency than the competition. Net result, they are almost invincible =
at the moment. As no-one else has managed to emulate this, one might =
infer that this is a non-trivial thing they have done.=20

Meanwhile we have to wait for the trickle down, unless we have direct =
access to the technology

Bill