[Diy_efi] sequential injection timing

Jörgen Karlsson jorgen.m.karlsson at home.se
Tue Jul 30 10:51:13 GMT 2002

Bruce wrote:

> With really large injectors, there is at times much to be gained with a
> single batch fire system.  Firing the injectors twice as often helps with
> atomization.  My little 3.8L with 55#/hr injectors is much
> sweeter in batch
> mode then SEFI.

I belive you, the newest bosch systems are full sequential but they divide
the total fuelling on a cylinder on two injection events. The amount
injected in the first squirt is used in the calculation for the second one
that is used to compensate for parameter changes during the stroke. I think
that the main squirt is done at a closed valve and the second squirt are
done as late as possible on the intake stroke.

A batch fire system injects with more up to date information then a normal
sequential system that can't correct the fuel upward after the injection
event has started. At least not without injecting beyond the 'end injection
angle'.

Jörgen