[Diy_efi] BHP calculations

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Tue Jul 30 13:10:36 GMT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "MarkoNTL" <marko.cosic at ntlworld.com>
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] BHP calculations
> > The original post was how to calc HP.
> > If the O2 level varies that will effect the HP generated.
> > Excuse me for ignoring your attempt to change the topic of discussion
now,
> > so that you can attempt to be correct.
> > Bruce
> To calc the HP you don't need to know what the oxygen content is - this
> weight through this rolling/air resistance etc in this time = this hp.

NO not to calulate the HP, but you need to know what the correction is for
it's effects.

> To know whether a change in HP was down to tuning or a cahnge in the
> atmosphere though you "need" to know oxygen content?
> If the testing is done on the same stretch of road, same altitude etc;
then
> surely pressure/humidity/temperature will be more than enough - oxygen
> content doesn't vary that wildly on the open road does it?

Try day to day, where there is an iversion layer, ie LA, and some other
metro areas, also it can vary season to season heavily in farm country.   It
can very several percent.   Look at the new weather stations in the higher
classes of the NHRA.
Bruce