[Diy_efi] ignition timing variation

Eric Fahlgren eric.fahlgren at mscsoftware.com
Tue Jul 30 18:07:47 GMT 2002

"Eck, Joel" wrote:

> or how about upping the number of teeth to 16 or more? if you increase the number of teeth, then, IMO, the variation will/should decrease...

Ah, I realize now that I missed the problem entirely.  You do want
to know the accelerations and so on, to get a more accurate position
number.  Now plenty of cars use far fewer than 8 teeth (I drive one
that has a single "tooth") and it seems to work just fine.  Does
this motor have really huge accelerations on a single cycle, maybe
no flywheel?  Like Joel says, maybe lots more teeth are in order.