[Diy_efi] ignition timing variation

Perry Harrington pedward at apsoft.com
Tue Jul 30 18:15:53 GMT 2002

The stock honda reluctor for a CBR 600 engine is a 14 - 6 tooth.

Mull that over.

--Perry

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 02:02:11PM -0400, Eric Fahlgren wrote:
> "Eck, Joel" wrote:
> >
> > or how about upping the number of teeth to 16 or more? if you increase the number of teeth, then, IMO, the variation will/should decrease...
>
> Ah, I realize now that I missed the problem entirely.  You do want
> to know the accelerations and so on, to get a more accurate position
> number.  Now plenty of cars use far fewer than 8 teeth (I drive one
> that has a single "tooth") and it seems to work just fine.  Does
> this motor have really huge accelerations on a single cycle, maybe
> no flywheel?  Like Joel says, maybe lots more teeth are in order.

Perry Harrington			Data Acquisition & Instrumentation, Inc
perry at dainst dot com					 http://www.dainst.com/

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with either.
                             -- Benjamin Franklin