[Diy_efi] sequential injection timing

Greg Hermann bearbvd at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 30 20:22:04 GMT 2002

 It
>works far better in economy, low end and high end than the carbs ever did,
>but I am not sure how much the carbs could have been improved with tuning.

This last is often a GROSS understatement !!

Tuning proper (Weber, Del'Orto, and MAYBE Solex, Asian copies need not
apply !! ) IR carbys is an art understood on more than the most basic level
by _VERY_ few folks.

In my experience, the factory engineers behind the production of cars which
came OEM with such carbs (Alfa, Porsche, etc.) were distinctly _NOT_  among
that small number of folks who know how to tune this type of carby properly
!!

To quote John Passini: "There are three secrets to the success and
performance of Messrs. Webers' carbs: precision, precision, and PRECISION
!!"

My statement about the WOT bsfc which Webers will yield was based on an
assumption of _PROPER_ state of tune !!

Greg