[Diy_efi] sequential injection timing

Mark Claywell clay0052 at umn.edu
Tue Jul 30 21:21:29 GMT 2002

> Ever look at the injector pattern, at short pulse widths in slow motion?.
> An intake valve is closed 3/4 of the time.   So like I said earlier, the
> trick is getting the backflow of exhaust to atomize the fuel.
> I have yet to hear of an oem firing the injector in what we'd call a
> conventional engine at any time other then valve closed.  If you read
thr=
> the GNTtype archives you can read up what happens when you try to fire
th=
> injector at an open intake valve.

Talk to someone who is running a racing engine and not a street engine.
Guaranteed the are running on a partial or all open valve. Especially an
engine  that is geared more towards racing. Almost all japanese 4 banger
engines will benefit from open valve injection timing. Once again, not
saying all engines will benefit, as it is often quite engine and setup
specific.

> Bruce

sheerin=