[Diy_efi] sequential injection timing

Mark Claywell clay0052 at umn.edu
Wed Jul 31 00:13:23 GMT 2002

On 30 Jul 2002, William Shurvinton wrote:
> Does a 1.8l NA engine producing 230+BHP at 9000 RPM count? These are used
> (road and track) by owners of little roller skates like mine. The
preferred
> ECU is the Emerald M3DK which uses basic 2 bank batch firing, caring not
> jot about EOI  timing. Can't say more as emerald have already taken me
off
> their Xmas card list over some comments I made a few months back :-)

I suppose. What is the port configuration like? How are the injectors
mounted? What pressure are they running? Might be that no matter what, it
might never care much what injector timing it has.

If it is batch fired, ya, EOI is going to matter a whole lot less, as you
are not injecting all at once.

However, I would like to ask a few questions first, if I may. Is this being
tuned on a steady state dyno or on a roller dyno? Have you tried multiple
pressures? How much time did you spend investigating EOI timings for
sequential injection?

I'm not saying that you're wrong, just would like to know how you come to
that conclusion.

> Now this, at about 2.2HP/CI is pretty good. Way off F1 levels of over
> 4.6HP/CI. Uses a single injector per cylinder on a weber style TB or a
> roller barrel. looks good sounds good and goes like stink.

Does it inject after the TB?

> Mind you one of the chapman/costin/duckworth legacies is we go for this
sort
> of setup (small, light and loads of revs). It also tends to breed a
slight
> degree of luddism

Nothing wrong with that. Sounds cool to me.