[Diy_efi] newbie with a project

Chris Wilson chris at formula3.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jul 31 21:23:57 GMT 2002

>>QUESTION:
>>Can anybody suggest a small and inexpensive solenoid that can cycle as fast
>>as 250 times/minute? It should be made of stainless components and run on
>>12v. My system will run at between 4 and six bar.

> Rochester injectors, as sold by MSD, among others, are all stainless in the
> fluid contact parts, and therefore alky and/or water compatible.

> Greg

Are they OK at 4 to 6 bar pressure though?

As an aside Greg, or anyone, is there a pump that can be used on 12
volts that is suitable for water injection, at around 4 bar? I am
selling the ERL Aquamist kit here in the UK, but fancy a go at making up
my own system for a special application (direct port water injection on
a 6 cylinder motor)

Thanks.

Best regards,
 Chris Wilson                           mailto:chris at formula3.freeserve.co.uk