[Diy_efi] newbie with a project

Brian Dessent brian at dessent.net
Wed Jul 31 23:03:36 GMT 2002

"Scott F. Williams" wrote:

> circles I am considered a technical authority. However, it is truly
> refreshing to be completely overwhelmed by the truly elite information that
> you guys take for granted! :^) I can not speak with the eloquence that the

Yes, I have to agree about the quality discussions.  Some other
car-related lists I read often are on the level of "where can I find
hyper-white dome lights to go with my super-cool-white headlights?"

> For the record, my goal is to develop a water injection system for my
> turbocharged VW Rabbit. It already runs well with a large/efficient

You can check McMaster-Carr, although I don't remember finding a cheap
solenoid when I was looking.  They do have some interesting
misting/fogging nozzles (see
<http://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/108/html/1865.html>) which are
inexpensive and look useful for water injection.  They have a variety of
materials/flow rates/spray patterns.  Most have a cleanable strainer,
and some have a built in no-drip check valve.

Brian