over-bored MAF calibration

goonie.gordon at talk21.com goonie.gordon at talk21.com
Tue Mar 5 20:16:01 GMT 2002

You will probably be seeing an increased volume of flow rate thru the meter which will shift its calibration out of spec.  The basic injection time will now be too short for the amount of air flowing thru the MAF.  In short you probablly have two options - Recalibrate the MAF meter or have your engine data remapped/rechipped.

If you tweak the signal conditioning of the MAF you are effectively increasing/decreasing the basic injection time.  I suppose you could also add/remove resitance to your engine coolant temp to offset the airflow difference but with this you are just moving the goalposts and not really solving the problem.

If anyone reading this knows how to tweak the MAF then drop this guy an email - otherwise I recon  best bet is to have the enigne data recalibrated on a rolling road.