best bet for DIY-EFI setup, SOONer than Later

Marc Reviel marc at powerlogix.com
Thu Mar 7 18:45:08 GMT 2002

>If you had bothered to read the archives on megasquirt you would have found
>that BruceB is

(fyi, I have read virtually everything.)

>a) Busy getting out over 500 kits
>b) trying to get feedback on if there are any major design faults that need
>fixing.

Yep, I understand that, and I feel for those guys busting their butts.
Being in the industry, I fully understand *exactly* what he/they are
faced with. Several times, I had offered them my and my company's
resources to help in getting things kitted, procured, fabricated, etc,
all at cost/pro bono.  I was truly amazed that it fell on deaf ears.  If
I was in their position, and someone offered to reduce the workload by,
say, 90%, I'd sure have jumped on it. :)

>It has taken 4 months from initial orders to getting all the bits in place
>and programming the units. And you are worrying about one week. Patience is
>still a virtue.

Yes, it is.  But there are those that wish to proceed at their own rate,
and have limited time-frames available to work on things.  I am one of
those persons.  Plus, being a EE myself, and having software engineers at
my disposal, I need very little (or no) help. But most importantly, I can
generate a huge amount of quality feedback given I have 5 vehicles I need
to retrofit.  So, for me, waiting around for months is not an option. And
being such a simple schematic/PCB, I decided to (re)create my own PCB
layout based on the .pdf pcb artwork, schematic, errors/modifications,
and some other improvements of my own.
 The upshot not putting up the real Gerbers was no big deal after
all...the net result for me is that I'll end up with an improved PCB,
with the only tradeoff being a little extra time taken to do so.
 Bruce/Al have a great little design here.  I will gladly add my input
and support.

>Chill a bit.

(As always, still in the 'fridge.)

Marc Reviel