MC3334 dwell control

Stuart Baly S.baly at bom.gov.au
Mon Mar 11 23:21:47 GMT 2002

Gday,
	I came to the same conclusion while looking at the High
Energy ignition kit published in Silicon Chip a few years back, but
for a different reason. If you have a look at the Silicon Chip kit
design and the DDIS design, there's no sense resistor, so neither
of these designs can measure coil current, so no dwell control.

My opinion on this is that it'd be better from a parts count and
configurability viewpoint to control the dwell using the
microcontroller. Maybe even measure the coil current in real time
using a sense resistor and one of the 8535's ADC inputs if you're
clever.

Stuart.