IR manifold design

bill.shurvinton at nokia.com bill.shurvinton at nokia.com
Fri Mar 15 07:07:49 GMT 2002

Accepted wisdom for 4 pot IR is that at these low RPMs the injectors should be downstream of the butterflies. Upstream only becomes an advantage at 5000+. But like all accepted wisdom is usually based on the fact the IR TB's have their injector pockets in this location:-)

The higher the injector, the bigger the accel squirt needed, so possibly part throttle drivability may decrease, BUT you get better atomisation at WOT. Oh and potentially worse emmissions.

You may have noticed that there are now 8+ variables at play, which will be specific to your install.

Conclusion: I would place them where you can fit them.

Bill