IR manifold design

TVS toby at kmvs.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Mar 22 08:06:38 GMT 2002

> Accepted wisdom for 4 pot IR is that at these low RPMs the injectors
should be downstream of the butterflies. Upstream only becomes an advantage
at 5000+. But like all accepted wisdom is usually based on the fact the IR
TB's have their injector pockets in this location:-)

> The higher the injector, the bigger the accel squirt needed, so possibly
part throttle drivability may decrease, BUT you get better atomisation at
WOT. Oh and potentially worse emmissions.

I would have expected that atomisation would also be good at part throttle
as the extreamly high air speed past the butterflies would help to brake up
the fuel droplets? Toby
PS Sorry about the spelling, office 98 is incompatible with winXP!