[Diy_efi] "reading" a turbo (as you might read plugs"

J. Creech jcreech1 at olemac.net
Thu May 2 02:54:13 GMT 2002

The cracks look fairly typical to me, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Likely, by the
time the housing fatigues enough to be a problem, the turbo will be pretty-much used up. I
don't know if there's any way to reliably fix them that wouldn't be *more* destructive
than just forgetting about it :)

As far as the gray coloring goes; if it isn't the ceramic coating, Bruce's post is the one
I'd listen to the closest.

FWIW, I haven't seen a Turbine housing (aside from new) that DIDN'T have cracks in it.

-Scott C.