[Diy_efi] "reading" a turbo (as you might read plugs"

Jeff Meager jmeager at iinet.net.au
Thu May 2 07:15:04 GMT 2002

This is normal of any turbo with a few kms on it.  Some are worse than
others.  It depends on a number of factors. How hard the car is pushed, ie
how hot it gets to.... hot/cold cycles, rich/lean mixtures, but mainly it
seems more to do with turbo design and materials used to cast the
housings.....

This happened to my Mitsubishi TD05 turbo and is starting on the RX-7 S5
turbo now.  It didn't happen to my Nissan T25G turbo, but that only had
40Km's on it....

Jeff