[Diy_efi] help w/dyi-wb please

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Sat May 4 02:37:14 GMT 2002

A tail light is not a very good test, and not even good for
the WB circuit.  Run the 5 ohm/10 ohm resistor test from
the web site.

With the sensor hooked up, the voltage across R4 should
start at 1.25 volt and stay there for about 45 sec.  Meanwhile
the voltage across the heater (J1 to J2) should slowly rise
to about 10.4 volts in that time.  At 10.4 volts the LED should
come on.

If the R4 voltage decreases from 1.25V before the heater
reaches 10.4 volts, your power supply is not delivering 14
volts.

If R4 continues to read 1.25 V, but the heater never reaches
10.4 volts (or requires much more than 45 seconds), you
need a little more current to your heater.  Put one or several
15 ohm 1/4 watt resistors in parallel with R4 to boost
it a little.

If you take minutes to turn on, the circuit is on the
edge of dropping out all the time.  You should see
some decrease in voltage across R4 in the next minute
after the LED turns on.

I haven't run destructive tests on high buck sensors, but
recomendations are not to leave it in the running exhaust
when not powered.

Bruce Roe