[Diy_efi] Re: [Diy_efi]

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Mon May 6 19:22:46 GMT 2002

At what cost?.
For a 8 PSI application, I really doubt if you could tell from the drivers
seat.   At 8 PSI you'll only have to drop the CR slightly from stock or with
water injection, not at all,  if he wanted 25 PSI and was starting to have
to drop the CR then there might be a little *lag* on intial high throttle
manuevers.   Trying to find two properly sized small turbos are definetly
going to be more expensive and time consuming.  If they are anything other
then right then the single will be better.  For a 2.8 all you have to do is
find a turbo off an old Ford Super Coupe.

You also can have a turbo motor that is just no fun at all in wet road
conditions.   having a turbo that spools up at 200rpm means before your even
reached the stall speed of the converter (obviously an auto application),
the tires will spin just moving away from a stop in the rain.  Part of the
reason I went with a larger then stock converter was to improve divibility
in poor traction weather conditions.

For a street car, for the ol lady, with a 2.8L one turbo will provide plenty
of excitement.
Bruce

From: "Brian Renegar" <thomas.renegar at nist.gov>
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] Re: [Diy_efi]