[Diy_efi] : tuned port manifolds

Phil rjp at teknology.net
Mon May 13 14:01:22 GMT 2002

Alan,

    The ISBN is 0-8376-0309-9 and the Bentley Stock No. is G309. I recent=
ly
purchased a Cam Doctor from Quadrant Scientific and they included some
camshaft design principles that were written to inform the user on how to
interpret the data gathered from the machine and apply it to real world
applications. This may be what you're looking for.

    I don't know if one can purchase these papers separately, but they ma=
know of other texts on the subject that are currently in print. If your n=
ot
familiar with the Cam Doctor, it is a machine that measures a camshaft's
dimensions....digitally. It uses a digital stepper motor to rotate the ca=
in a "V" block, while a comparater measures the lobe, at which the data i=
transfered and displayed on a PC. It does so in a full 360* range and can
detect lobe lift, overlap, heel/toe ramps, duration, individual lobe timi=
ng
tolerances and gross lobe ramp acceleration vs. time in crankshaft degree=
s.
(overlay)

    Unfortunately, I don't know the URL for it, but it's manufactured in
Louisville, Colorado....so, possibly a search?

HTH

-Phil
---