[Diy_efi] "Wet" Manifold Questions

justin ivan vlkslvr at hotmail.com
Wed May 15 11:10:48 GMT 2002

From: Stephen Andersen <SAndersen at advan-tek.com>
>To: "'Diy_efi at diy-efi.org'" <Diy_efi at diy-efi.org>
>Subject: [Diy_efi] "Wet" Manifold Questions
>Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 12:49:09 -0400
Should I throw my theoretical (and unfounded with fact, at least
>at the moment) concerns aside and try what they indicate works?
>
>BTW, in more recent considerations, I may end up trying this out, but using
>an air-liquid intercooler instead to ensure a short flow path into the
>engine, and less volume of combustible mix in a long intake path...
>
>Thanks, and sorry for the length!!!
>
>Best Regards,
>Steve Andersen

Steve,
I side with your concerns about possible problems with introducing the extra
fuel through the blower and then the related IC plumbing. While I have not
done any particular calculations my experience has shown that anyone that
adds extra injectors normally does it after the intercooler. Ideally in the
intake manifold with one per cylinder but if that is not possbile then in
the intake piping before the throttle body. Some even take the extra measure
and fire the injector upstream so as to better utilize the turbulent flow to
atomize the fuel.

Hope this might help some.
Justin