[Diy_efi] : Ask the experts #2

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Sun May 19 13:05:27 GMT 2002

Doing a remote plenum would seem to defeat the purpose, in my book.  You
want each runner *looking* at as close to possible *atmosphere*.   I would
seem the old guide line about the top of the air cleaner being at least 1.5x
the throttle bore above the top of the carb would be a min., and an absolute
min at that.

On the IR stuff the Throttle bores are generally huge.  Like on 350 chevy
each one is like a min of 2".   AIR, some were more like 2.35.

If for a T/C S/C application, I'd sacrifice runner for plenum.  Not the
other way around.
Bruce