[Diy_efi] need help w/archives

ptegler@cablespeed ptegler at cablespeed.com
Tue May 21 04:40:30 GMT 2002

Steve...

   I have a 'programming tool' I wrote in VB
way back when that with minor mods might
do what you need

The current program is used to read the
directory tree that is your 'Favorites' directory tree
under Windows. It opens each 'Favorite' (file), extracts
the URL info, and writes out the HTML code that
generates my  LINKS pages on one of my websites.

The latest gen. even writes out a separate index file
(the 'sub-groups/sub-directories under your selected
Favorites directory)

You can see the older style 'output' format at
http://www.teglerizer.com/links/toplinks.html

all my MG and Triumph links pages (Favorites links
and sub-categories of links)  are written automatically by
this program. It opens each favorite, and outputs the html.
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/triumphlinks.htm
and
http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/mglinks.htm

With some minor mods...it could separate the files, open
them, write out the pages automatically. I'm in process
of converting this to CGI or java, to run from a webpage.
see if it fits the bill.

Paul Tegler
ptegler at cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com