[Diy_efi] Noisy Votecs

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Thu May 23 13:01:43 GMT 2002

Doc, Sleepy, and Bashful hit the phones last night and got ahold of some of
their contacts.

Turns out there are several issues that are blurring together, or so it
seems.  There was an intial run of engines that in fact we set up way too
lose, and were as noisy as the diesel engines, all the time.   There was a
lifter noise problem, and then some engines  just slightly noisier the what
most people feel comfortable with.

For the moment, GM isn't doing anything with replacing engines, unless there
is a total failure.    Noise isn't a qualifier for warranty repair.

Rumor has it one guy killed his engine in order to get a replacement engine,
and it turned out to be noisier then the one he had....

EFI content,
I'd sure be interested in hearing all the details on the new K/S strategies,
if they can ignore these noises.
Bruce