[Diy_efi] Greetings...and Throttle Bodies

Bob Anderson sandoren at worldnet.att.net
Fri May 24 06:11:21 GMT 2002

Bruce,

> Hard to tell, all engines vary some.  In closed loop there might be enough
> tolerance for the corrections to get it to work.  At WOT if your engine
will
> actually use the addition air flow, then you'll need to do some
> recalibrating.

> Often, with almost stock engines, a large TB gives you the sensation of
> better tip in performance, but are actually slower at WOT.
> Bruce

I have a Whipple charger on my L05.  I'm pretty sure the additional air from
an increased air flow TB would not be a problem (except possibly the cfm
rating on my airfilter <g>).

Would just more air flow create a lean situation?

Do you think higher rated (over stock) injectors would also be necessary?

I'm new at this, so I'm assuming *recalibration* would be reprograming the
PROM for the changes to the hardware (?)

Thanks for your reply,

Bob