[Diy_efi] fuel injection for an airplane engine

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Mon May 27 17:07:41 GMT 2002

I am injecting a Franklin 6A-350-C1R for my Velocity.

I looked long and hard at many of the systems out there.  I narrowed my
choice to the SDS system, and the Autronic.

The SDS has the simpler of the two with batch firing, plus they are not
afraid of aircraft.  However, I wanted to go sequential and tailor
individual A/F ratios per cylinder.

In the end I chose the Autronic.  I am retaining one mag, and have a manual
backup injector scheme, so I should be able to disable the Autronic and
still stay in the air.

 Brian Michalk  <http://www.michalk.com>
musician, home-brewer, entrepreneur and SINGLE!