[Diy_efi] fuel injection for an airplane engine

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Mon May 27 20:53:22 GMT 2002

Even with the best backup system in the world, if you have to make the
switch to a backup at take off, things can get interesting.   If one is
defensive driving they always have an escape route, so with an engine stall,
all one needs to do it use that.   Flying by instruments, on approach,
winding up too way tooo low, demanding power, and having an ecm die at the
same time, ain't a good situation.   Planes tend to operate at higher speeds
then cars, and there can be times, in an airplane where you just don't have
time to cure a problem.
   My point was aviation can be less forgiving then cars, and I'd like to
have a system actually designed for critical useage rather then from an
industry where they weight progress as a matter of how much litagation they
can avoid, rather then design the best product possible.   Again, just my
opinion, and reguardless of your ranting about it, it is what it is.   If
your happy with the success rate of using automotive application stuff in
aircraft fine, that's just your judgement, not a universal truth.

Like I said, in my book/opinion etc., I'd think the better plan is to design
a dedicated unit rather then use an automotive unit for an aero application.

Excuse me for ignoring the waste of band width you're so noted for.
Bruce