[Diy_efi] Re: Looking for circuit to turn transfer pump off at certain voltages

Bevan Weiss kaizen__ at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 10 01:48:58 GMT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Hutson" <customfab at websurf.net>
To: <diy_efi at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 11:59 AM
Subject: [Diy_efi] Re: Looking for circuit to turn transfer pump off at
certain voltages

> > Message: 3
> > From: "Toyota Supra" <turbosupramk3 at hotmail.com>
> > To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
> > Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 12:50:40 -0500
> > Subject: [Diy_efi] Looking for circuit to turn transfer pump off at
> certain voltages
> >
> > if anyone has this, please reply to me privately, i can't seem to find
> > anything online, thank you very much
> >
> ---------------
>
> I'm not sure EXACTLY what you are referring to by xfer pump or 'certain'
> voltage. I designed a simple circuit (you can build for~$20) that uses a
> return signal from any 5v referenced sensor (IE TPS, CLT, IAT, ect.)(0-5v
> return) that can be infinitely adjusted (with hysteresis) and will control
> relay for MANY uses. With slight mods, could be used at any voltage level.
> Any help?

I'm not sure exactly what's required, but it sounds like a comparator with
hysteresis...
In which case a simple opamp, with some feedback applied would do the trick.
Assuming that it's a voltage level input, if it's current then you would
need a current->voltage conversion (ie maybe as simple as a resistor or if
required a more complex current->voltage converter).
However this is assuming we're talking about a 0-5V signal, if we're instead
referring to a 0-50uV (or some other such) signal then ofcourse things are
different...