[Diy_efi] New project

Dennis Noordsij dennis.noordsij at wiral.com
Thu Nov 21 19:28:21 GMT 2002

> Think of it this way a boat is always going uphill but the water and wi=
nd
> conditions determine how steep the grade is. Alpha N would be a very po=
or
> choice.
>
> Dave Dahlgren

Hi everyone,

Dave, I have no reason to doubt you, so I'll believe you :) Never actuall=
y=20
measured it, but always assumed the TPS vs RPM relationship is pretty=20
constant. I am going for SD, have the GM MAP sensor. Did the math, and SD=
 is=20
actually quicker to calculate than Alpha N.

Chris, thanks for the wealth of information! I'm not planning on doing=20
anything like a prioritized OS on a PIC, but have a program flow worked o=
ut=20
which should work, RPM limit is based on how fast I can calculate pulse w=
idth=20
from the sensor input (within MHz / 4 / (RPM / 30) cycles). This engine r=
evs=20
up to 4200-4500 RPM only though, so I can be sloppy on the first try :)

Brian, yup I'll just have to find out in practice what the VE is. Maybe i=
t's=20
not as bad as I'm expecting, Megasquirt uses an 8x8 table and I hear noth=
ing=20
but rave about it, so with some tuning it should be OK :)

TODO: build PCB (like a proper one, I hate that part), find an injector=20
driver, and a bipolar stepper driver (IAC).=20

Will let you all know how things turn out!
Many thanks,
Dennis