[Diy_efi] New project- intake effect on VE on turbo car

Grant Beaty gbeaty at ufl.edu
Fri Nov 22 00:57:18 GMT 2002

> Wouldn't the same turbo unit spinning at a higher rpm create less of a
> restriction to the exhaust than a turbine spinning at a low rpm?

No. Remember the wastegate? It will be open more if less energy is needed to
drive the turbo. Therefor exhaust backpressure will be less. (I think)

To see how the compressor is effected by intake restrictions, look at its
compressor map. Garrett gives a nice definition of compressor effeciency as
"the percentage of turbo shaft power that converts to actual air
compression."

Grant

If the