[Diy_efi] New project

Derek derek_obanion at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 22 15:02:48 GMT 2002

> BMW claims they can achieve greater than 100% VE on their M3 class
> engines for a sizable upper part of their rev range - amazing what
> intake tuning can achieve !

I am noticed something like this on my car (94 Turbo Supra). The intake manifold
has been modified. Opened up, internal idle motor and EGT passages ground off,
new top welded on increasing plenum volume by about 10-20%, and fully extrude
honed. I seem to get this weird spike in VE at around 2800-3000RPM. To get a
consistent air fuel ratio in that area, I have to add 5-8% more fuel in, then
take it back by 3250RPM from what a normal smooth VE curve vs RPM would look
like. Weird.