[Diy_efi] LPG injection

Derek derek_obanion at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 22 15:01:04 GMT 2002

"Simply evaporates." You are aware the latent heat of vaporization of methanol
is 3340 BTU/gal? That's a LOT of heat getting taken out of the air. Guess what
propane's is.....only 775. You also will use much less gal/min of propane, as it
does have 243% as much horsepower per gallon. Not a problem with methanol, just
spray more. So let's say you are injecting 200HP worth of fuel (propane or
methanol) on top of your gasoline.

You will get (3340/775)*2.43=10.47 times as much charge air cooling with
methanol

Do the math before making assumptions.

Direct LPG into the ports is nice, good high octane fueling suppliment. But if
you are going for charge air cooling, propane isn't your choice.

I DO get those temps. I can make up a graph from one of my logs if you like.