[Diy_efi] LPG injection

Grant Beaty gbeaty at ufl.edu
Sat Nov 23 18:27:08 GMT 2002

> The
> last of the liquid methanol is actually evaporated by the initial heat
from
> the flame front when running pure methanol fuel at stoich or richer !!
>
> Greg

Is this a bad thing? It seems like methanol would be very good at
surpressing det if this were the case. I realize that cooling after the
intake valve has closed does not help the engine ingest more air, but one
can always turn up the boost.

Lots of charge-air cooling without increasing the pressure ratio could push
a turbo out of its effeciency range, although it would of course depend on
the turbo.

The end goal here is (of course) the most amount of power. If you must turn
up the boost to achieve more airflow, I don't see how thats any better or
worse than increasing air density.

Grant

> >Direct LPG into the ports is nice, good high octane fueling suppliment.
But if