[Diy_efi] 4L80E Questions

D White indacalinc at attbi.com
Thu Nov 28 04:43:22 GMT 2002

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C2962F.A63DEA20

Hello All, This is my first post, I have a 2001 4L80E that is in great =
shape, but we are going to build it up anyways to handle more power. I =
am going to install this in my '98 Trans Am in place of my 6 speed =
manual that is in it now, I have reservations about the 6 speed holding =
up to 800 hp/trq from my twin turbo 400 cu in(6.0L iron block based) LS1 =
motor, I have a couple of options to make this work and need some help. =
Option #1) I do have a TCM and wiring harness from a 92 Chevy Diesel - =
SRVC # 16147609 w/ matching wiring harness - I don't have a clue who =
could nail the chip burn on this for me and modify the harness to only =
use what I need, so if anyone knows who can do all this let me know. =
Option #2 Not the most refined but for sure the easiest way is to put a =
manual valve body in it and shift it manually but I would lose the lock =
up feature and might not be as streetable when off the race track. =
Option #3 Sell this TCM and harness and buy an aftermarket TCI trans =
controller, the only down side is the higher $$, so let me know what you =
think I'de welcome all suggestions and input, Thanks Dave
------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C2962F.A63DEA20

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello All, This is my first post, I =
have a 2001=20
4L80E that is in great shape, but we are going to build it up anyways to =
handle=20
more power. I am going to install this in my '98 Trans Am in place of my =
6 speed=20
manual that is in it now, I have reservations about the 6 speed holding =
up to=20
800 hp/trq from my twin turbo 400 cu in(6.0L iron block based) LS1 =
motor, I have=20
a couple of options to make this work and need some help. Option =
#1)&nbsp;I do=20
have a TCM and wiring harness from a 92 Chevy Diesel - SRVC # 16147609 =
w/=20
matching wiring harness - I don't have a clue who could nail the chip =
burn on=20
this for me and modify the harness to only use what I need, so if anyone =
knows=20
who can do all this let me know. Option #2 Not the most&nbsp;refined but =
for=20
sure the easiest way is to put a manual valve body in it and shift it =
manually=20
but I would lose the lock up feature and might not be as streetable when =
off the=20
race&nbsp;track. Option #3 Sell this TCM and harness and buy an =
aftermarket TCI=20
trans controller, the only down side is the higher $$, so&nbsp;let me =
know what=20
you think I'de welcome all suggestions and input, Thanks=20
Dave&nbsp;</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C2962F.A63DEA20--