[Diy_efi] EEC IV Engine swap

Joe Piche pichej at cablerocket.com
Tue Oct 1 13:19:55 GMT 2002

I did a scan through the archives, and did not find alot of info on the eec
iv system.

Anyways, heres whats happening. I've got a 87 f-150 4x4, manual, 302. The
302 is comin out because of noise, low oil pressure, and because it leaks
oil, burns oil, and sprays oil (problem has fixed it self since the low oil
pressure showed up :-). Going in is an 87 mustang 302 roller cam with truck
heads.

Now, how can I reprogram the computer to accept mustang program. I take it
that it isn't as simple as burning a new rom like the gm computers. Would it
be easier to find a replacement computer from a manual 5L mustang of the
same vintage?

Thanks.