[Diy_efi] Basic exhaust KE question

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 10 20:59:20 GMT 2002

I've noticed most higher performance drag cars or others which use
conventional turbos have some distance (at least a foot or so) such
that the (still burning exhaust gases) don't melt the blades, after
all the exhaust blades are in the center of the flow line, hence get
a fair whack of heat. The distance you are suggesting wont be
significant - after all you aint looking for a transient response
are you - just plenty of power,

rgds

mike