[Diy_efi] Re: DIY-WB and methanol

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Sun Oct 13 15:52:48 GMT 2002

Addendum...

On Sat, 12 Oct 2002 11:55:26 -0700, Garfield Willis <garwillis at msn.com>
wrote:

>Whether exhaust gas
>component dilution is direct or indirect (from the 'fuel' being a
>fuel+oxygenate), it's still a factor that must be compensated for, in
>order to get EITHER a correct AFR *or* Lambda.

I *should* have written above "(from the 'fuel' being a
fuel+oxygenate+diluent), it's still a factor that must be compensated
for..."

=46or example, Nitro (CH3NO2) contains all three. It carries it's own
hydrocarbons, it's own oxygen, and it's own nitrogen. Elemental gaseous
N2 and H2O vapor byproducts end up as serious diluents in the case of
Nitromethane, quite disproportionate from %diluent levels in straight
petrol combustion.

Gar