[Diy_efi] Basic exhaust KE question

Dave Williams ronin at aristotle.net
Tue Oct 15 16:20:48 GMT 2002

Bernd Felsche wrote:

> You need to learn a bit more about gas turbines and how they convert
> the energy from gas into mechanical energy.

 "Gas" energy?  "Mechanical" energy?  Is that zig-zag-swirl or
phlogiston theory?

> The KE in an exhaust gas stream isn't enough to blow a parrot off
> its perch.

 So says someone who's obviously never built a spud gun, which operates
at considerably lower pressure than an exhaust pulse...

--
==ronin at aristotle.net (Dave Williams)================================
I've got a secret / I've been hiding / under my skin / | Who are you?