[Diy_efi] Basic exhaust KE question

A6intruder A6intruder at adelphia.net
Wed Oct 16 01:07:21 GMT 2002

Actually thermodynamic theory is pretty well established.  Those zany gas
turbines do get most of their power from the heat in the incoming gas.  Of
course you don't want to slow the gas down if you can help it, but the
turbine primarily converts heat to rotational energy by accelerating the gas
through the turbine blades.

Lots of aircraft and turbocharged diesel's run on this concept, works great!

Daniel R. Nicoson