[Diy_efi] Inbuilt mosfet zener to clamp injectors

Bevan Weiss kaizen__ at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 22 19:03:56 GMT 2002

What's the maximum power dissipation of the package??

It would be a better idea to use a seperate zener diode, it makes it easier
to repair if the zener gets destroyed (just replace the cheaper zener), also
easier to faultfind (the zener is discoloured as opposed to the FET which
may not show damage, yet)

I'm sure that if you look into some manufacturers websites you will be able
to find some other packaging than a TO220, I think that IRF (International
Rectifiers) may have some in their D-PAC (sp??) packaging, which is SMT.

In what way can the PCB not handle an additional TO220?