[Diy_efi] Bosch L-Jetronic Trouble

Mike Sharp Mike_Sharp at pacbell.net
Wed Oct 30 14:36:26 GMT 2002

To those of you who have replied to my 924S problems...
Thank you.

. I pulled out the O2 sensor and bench tested it.  its OK.
. I pulled out the DME relay and bench tested it.  its OK.
. I posted to the Rennlist for 924S to see if anyone there has an idea.
. I've already got a copy of the VW diagnostics that are on-line.  This
hasn't provided any enlightenment.

Someone suggested checking for a spark after the car died.  Any hints on
how to do this would be appreciated since the coil is controlled by the
computer.  I'd need to get it to fire independently somehow.
Since the car runs normally for ~15 seconds (drivable, etc) its not the
rotor/cap/wires/plugs.

For those just tuning in....
The car runs normally through post-start and then dies immediately (i.e.
it runs ~15 seconds and dies like you switched the ignition off).
  . The throttle position sensors are OK
  . The speed & reference sensors are OK
  . The grounding & power to the computer are OK
  . The temperature sensors (I & II) check out

The computer & the air flow sensor have been swapped with good units and
the behavior remains unchanged.

The only deviation from the specs that I can find is a low voltage
across pins 9 & 6 on the air flow meter.
5.5V instead of the >8V the manual specifies)  This occurs with both
sets of computer/air flow sensor.  The pins in question wire the
computer & air flow sensor together and go nowhere else.  I checked the
wiring harness between the two and didn't find any shorts or excessive
resistance.

    --Mike