[Diy_efi] How would I calculate the mass of the air w/ only IAT and

Brian Dessent brian at dessent.net
Thu Oct 31 02:35:28 GMT 2002

> I still think we are missing a variable....  flow.  Or can that be
> assumed through the volume of the cylinder and speed of the engine?

Yep, that's it.  You can't calculate air mass with just temperature and
pressure, you need the flow rate as well.  Most speed density systems do
this with a VE table which maps RPM (and possibly pressure) to a flow
rate.  RPM is usually a known quantity to the ECU so you probably
already have it available.  The problem is getting the VE table....

Brian