[Diy_efi] New to list, have a question about speed density and turbos

Eric D Byrd klox at juno.com
Thu Oct 31 04:02:53 GMT 2002

Looking for a site that will give a general overview of ECU theory for
Hondas...I don't mean identification of EcU's, I mean operational theory.
 My 90 CRX Si is OBD0, and I still don't know all the features of the
ECU, or even how it works.  Things keep popping up that I hadn't yet
heard, like dual rev limiters for shifting or drag racing, throttle
tip-in, fuel trim tables (unconfirmed).  I think my final goal is to set
up boost fuel control with a wideband O2 and a feedback circuit.  I.e.,
the equivalent of a second "closed loop" in boost.  O2 never lies:  it
tells you if the juice matches the boost.  And again, a knock sensor that
automatically retards.  The problem would be getting these new functions
to work with the stock Ecu.  I am hesitant to get rid of it, because of
all the neat stuff it can do.