[Diy_efi] Newbie with a simplified Motronic project

arnie arnie_ at charter.net
Thu Oct 31 05:13:25 GMT 2002

The point/intent of the MAF being self compensating is to CONTINUE,
hopefully for the practical life of the vehicle, to meet the EPA specs the
vehicle was originally built to, WITHOUT outside, meaning manual/hands
on, input/adjustment.  It would then become apparent we are talking closed
loop, which uses the O2 sensor input to maintain correct A/F ratio.  Without
the O2 sensor input, how else to monitor and self compensate accordingly?

GAS