[Diy_efi] Guys i need help to find a bin file?

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Tue Sep 3 14:27:27 GMT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gene Maroulitsas" <greekmafia2 at juno.com>
> I'm in the process of burning my ECM,

Why?, was it bad?, usually a tap is all they need, no need to be brutal with
them.

cause a friend bought a burner for
> his 87 Grand National, and he'll do mine, but said it be best if i find a
> bin file that already modified to use.
> I have a 1987 Pontiac Trans AM GTA with 350 V8.  Everything is stock
> right now.  I've posted questions on this and one of them linked me to
> your diy-efi site.  But theres so much info there. id be great if u guys
> and can directly link me to where i can download a bin file or if u can
> just e-mail it to me.
> Oh and someone mention getting the 1989 ARAP bin file, he said its the
> best one, i dont know if its true, i just want the best to get out of my
> car, before i start modding it.

You got alot more researching to do.
The ARAP is a good bin to START with.   It's for a Y body, and you need to
find a listing of the changes you need to make to run it in your F Body, ie
fan operation needs inverted.  It is also a high timing chip, so you'll need
to edit that to fit your needs.
  the archives here and at the Prom Burning Board at the 3rd Gen FBody list
can fill you in on the details
Bruce