[Diy_efi] BCCfind shut down

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Tue Sep 10 12:54:07 GMT 2002

Between the guy telling me to "just email my notes" and the clown who is
too lazy to hide the fact that he's cutting and pasting the results page of
BCCfind into his ebay auction page, I've had a helluva night.

BCCfind is shut down.

I feel bad for the guys who were legitimately using it.  Those would be the
people on these two lists who are accessing it for personal use.  Then
again I find that there's another guy out there selling $30 "high
performance" chips on ebay and I wouldn't be surprised if he's using
BCCfind also.  That just serves to help me justify my decision.

If the collective "you" has some ideas about how to mo better limit access
and reduce the misuse of the page, I'm all ears.  Offers to move the site
to another server won't be considered.  I'm thinking of tying it to a
subscription to diy or gmecm, and possibly limiting the days of access,
possibly mailing results to the address that's subscribed to one of the
lists, or maybe something else.  At a minimum it would have to be enough of
a PITA for commercial guys that they wouldn't want to use it.

BTW, anyone heard from Bruce P. lately?
Shannen