[Diy_efi] LM1949 peak-hold driver chip , bank fire 4

Laird Tom N LairdTomN at JohnDeere.com
Fri Sep 13 15:04:45 GMT 2002

Tim,  what type of current and voltage is on the inductors? I may help to
calculate the wattage of the resistor needed.....

Tom Laird WC9M
Moline, IL.

	The problem here is that injectors are inductors, and inductors in
parallel don't like to share current.  I know you see setups all the time
and in various wiring diagrams, but the correct way to wire low impedance or
peak-and-hold style injectors in parallel is to put a resistor is series
with each one.  A value of 1 to 2.2 Ohms should correct this current sharing
problem with injectors.

	The LM1949 IC is intended to run only one injector, however, the
current sense resistor can be changed to alter your "Peak" current level.
Hope this helps.....Tim