[Diy_efi] data acquisition from engine with PC soundcard

David Gravereaux davygrvy at pobox.com
Fri Sep 13 15:04:26 GMT 2002

Marcell Gal <cell at x-dsl.hu> wrote:

>Hi guys,
>
>Before designing my ECM (using code and board from
>efi332) I'd like to check how the current DELCO
>ECM drives the motor (at least injector pulsewidth,
>timing, spark timing and the MAF, perhaps TPS).
>
>I was thinking of using a notebook computer and a soundcard
>(a digital multimeter for calibration), but I'd like to
>not damage nor the notebook nor the engine.
>I do not want to reassemble the DELCO code..
>(I have a TBI with 1 injector and a DIS on a 4 cyl)
>
>Does anyone have experience in this area?
>(or knows about articles?)
>
>thanx:
> Marcell

Hi Marcell,

I think what you're trying to do is turn a computer into a time sampler or
oscilloscope.

http://www.scope4pc.com/

Something like that?

I did find this link, but it's dead:
http://polly.phys.msu.su/~zeld/oscill.html
http://polly.phys.msu.su/~zeld/osc251.zip
http://216.239.33.100/search?q=cache:o5VgKYCsDEgC:polly.phys.msu.su/~zeld/oscill.html+oscilloscope&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

digital osc for use with a sound card, just like you asked for, but a dead web
site :(
--
David Gravereaux <davygrvy at pobox.com>
Tomasoft Engineering, Hayward, CA